Micellar Water is not technically a toner but it generally has the same effect as a hydrating toner: it cleans and lightly moisturizes the skin. Both are light weight, water-based products that clean skin. Toners are less straight forward than micellar water.
Talking about micellar water, I wanted to share my current favourite which is from the WBeauty (Woolworths) range which is the WBeauty Micellar water which helps to remove make-up from lips, eyes and the face, and leaves skin cleansed and soothed. I use this everytime after cleansing my face and I swear by how hydrating this formula is. The best part? There’s no need for rinsing after use. To compliment, I got the CLEANSE Exfoliating Cleanser which deeply cleanses and removes impurities while maintaining pH balance and moisture.
HOW TO USE THE EXFOLIATING CLEANSER:
- Dampen face with warm water.
- Gently massage in a circular motion to remove make-up and impurities.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water and apply toner.
- Pay particular attention to nose and chin and avoid sensitive areas around the eyes.
- Because this is an exfoliator, do deep cleansing twice a week to detox the skin.
HOW TO USE MICELLAR WATER:
- Soak a cotton wool pad with micellar water and smooth all over face and neck to remove make-up and cleanse skin.
It’s okay if you’re being consistent with your skin but your skin isn’t. We’re not aiming for powerless and perfect, we’re aiming for healthy.