Beautiful skin requires commitment, not a miracle.
My skin is the number one thing I’ve honestly never paid attention to, growing up I’ve never had problematic skin. That was till I founded my blog and had a sudden interest in all things skin care. Being in my 20s I knew that at some point I would have to pay full attention to it and also reading articles of women who are aging well and on how the trick is ‘taking care of your skin’. With that being said my skincare journey had it’s ups and downs but I can honestly say I’m finally at a comfortable place. It did not happen overnight though, it meant cutting down the makeup, product investing and constant research and educating myself.
When we went into complete lockdown when the pandemic began I immediately knew that there won’t be need to do my makeup. I decided to re-evaluate certain things including hair, skin and even style and wanted to better how I take care of myself and my appearance. I learned a lot. For starters, I didn’t even know my skin type, I didn’t know much about random breakouts and what ingredients are just overall harmless and good for any skin type. Since lockdown begun to date, I’ve seen a huge improvement in my skin’s appearance, look and feel. Since starting the journey I always get asked about skin care products I use and all that is featured on the site but in that I wanted to share my journey and some considerations I’ve taken in this path of skin care because I may recommend and the results may not be the same or work for you as it did for me.
Below are just some things I’ve taken into consideration when I started my journey:
- Don’t look for an overnight solution or an easy answer.
- Research about your skin type and what ingredients may work for that particular type.
- Try new things and establish your own skincare story.
- You will be able to find a combination that keeps your skin flawless.
- You will without a doubt make adjustments over time but you’ll get to a place of more consistency.
- Enjoy the journey. There will without a doubt be trials and errors but in that enjoy learning about your skin and educating yourself about what works for you.
Never hesitate to ask any questions and always remember to be comfortably YOU! No matter where you are on your journey.